Here are some fun links for you.
Said Fred Butler, (@Fred_Butler) “College liberal memes. You’ll chuckle, I promise.” Fred was right.
This one was my favorite:
The Sacred Sandwich has a take on the overflowing gardens of this time of year. Yesterday in church a friend brought me a bag of green tomatoes. I saw other bags exchanged among other brethren, too. Garden bounty!
Did you ever read an oops in your church bulletin? We all laugh and take it in good humor and gentle stride when that happens. Here are some Bulletin Bloopers, there are more at this link.
- Due to the Rector’s illness, Wednesday’s healing services will be discontinued until further notice.
- Bertha Belch, a missionary from Africa, will be speaking tonight at Calvary Methodist. Come hear Bertha Belch all the way from Africa.
- The Rev. Merriwether spoke briefly, much to the delight of the audience.
- On a church bulletin during the minister’s illness: GOD IS GOOD; Dr. Hargreaves is better.
- Applications are now being accepted for 2 year-old nursery workers.
- The pastor will preach his farewell message, after which the choir will sing, “Break Forth Into Joy.”
- If you would like to make a donation, fill out a form, enclose a check, and drip in the collection basket.
- Next Sunday Mrs. Vinson will be soloist for the morning service. The pastor will then speak on “It’s a Terrible Experience.”
- Don’t miss this Saturday’s exhibit by Christian Martian Arts.
- We are grateful for the help of those who cleaned up the grounds around the church building and the rector.
- A worm welcome to all who have come today.
- Barbara remains in the hospital and needs blood donors for more transfusions. She is also having trouble sleeping and requests tapes of Pastor Nelson’s sermons.
- During the absence of our pastor, we enjoyed the rare privilege of hearing a good sermon when J.F. Stubbs supplied our pulpit.
- Irving Benson and Jessie Carter were married on October 24 in the church. So ends a friendship that began in their school days.
- The ushers will come forward and take our ties and offerings.
- The rosebud on the altar this morning is to announce the birth of David Alan Belzer, the sin of Reverend and Mrs. Julius Belzer.
- The eighth-graders will be presenting Shakespeare’s Hamlet in the church basement on Friday at 7 p.m. The congregation is invited to attend this tragedy.
- Don’t let worry kill you off – let the church help.
- Please place your donation in the envelope along with the deceased person(s) you want remembered.
- Let us join David and Lisa in the celebration of their wedding and bring their happiness to a conclusion.
- Helpers are needed! Please sign up on the information sheep.
- Diana and Don request your presents at their wedding.
- The concert held in Fellowship Hall was a great success. Special thanks are due to the minister’s daughter, who labored the whole evening at the piano, which as usual fell upon her.
- The outreach committee has enlisted 25 visitors to make calls on people who are not afflicted with any church.
- Low Self-Esteem Support Group will meet Thursday at 7 to 8:30p.m. Please use the back door.
For those who haven’t seen this gem from Mary Margaret Douglas. It is a must-see.
If you don’t know about Simon’s Cat, then you need to. Anyone with a cat will relate to this, and the dozens of other cay clips Simon creates. They are hilarious, every time.
Enjoy the laughs!