The End Time is a thoughtfully theological blog posting new content every day. The photos used are either the author’s own, creative common/public domain, or via photographer’s permission. Unless otherwise noted, all posts are written by me, Elizabeth Prata. Guest posts or re-posts from other blogs are rare, so, most of this content is authored by me.
Why The End Time? This momentous period between Jesus’ ascension and His return is the end time spoken of in the Bible. We are in the end time now, and the time is short. We must recognize that the time is short, and live each day loving and proclaiming Jesus with all our heart, mind, strength and soul to those who live in the darkness of sin. The time is drawing near. It always has been.
I pray this blog reflects His glory, because what is on here is gained through wisdom only from the Word and only illuminated by His Spirit. Though I have taken many online doctrine classes, including completing a certificate at The Master’s Seminary/Institute for Church Leadership in Sound Doctrine, I have no degree in ministry or theology. I have no wisdom of myself and nothing to say except through Him. The world has been blessed by the appearance of Jesus Christ, His salvation given to His elect, and the promise of His return. In light of these beauteous facts, I write, focusing on the topics of encouragement, discernment, and prophecy. If you feel inclined, please visit my personal blog The Quiet Life.
As for me, I am single, (divorced prior to salvation at age 43 and single ever since). I have been an educator (teacher, teacher’s aide, substitute) most of my professional life. I currently serve as a teacher’s aide (paraprofessional) in an elementary school. I’ve also worked as a journalist for daily and weekly newspapers. I enjoy reading, photography, writing, birds, and the ocean.
For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation for all people, training us to renounce ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright, and godly lives in the present age, waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, (Titus 2:11-13)
I use the NASB translation for verses unless otherwise specified. (Sometimes I like the old language of the KJV, especially in my favorite verse, John 1:1-5)).
The doctrinal positions I hold mirror those found on John MacArthur’s Grace To You website. I am a saved, baptized, faithful attendee of a Church in Georgia. As important as this blog is to me, my first priority is to my church family and its ministries.
- I’ve been blogging every day since 2009. I started on Blogspot (some of the earliest blogs didn’t import to The End Time.) There is a LOT of content here.
- My page at Facebook is public as well as my personal Facebook page. If you are unknown to me I will likely not respond to a friend request. All my content is open and free to read, anyway. 🙂
- I’m Reformed. That means I’m a “Calvinist”.
- My favorite movies are The Princess Bride, Broadcast News, and The Godfather I and II.
- I have no sense of smell. I was born that way.
- I am most likely on the autism spectrum. I say ‘likely’ because I am not formally diagnosed, but I’m 99% sure this is how it is.
- I love design and renovation competition shows.
- I love the ocean so much.
- I love classical music, Southern Gospel, and some country/bluegrass.
- I’ve lived on a sailboat and cruised almost 20,000 nautical miles.
- I’ve lived in a VW camper van and went across the southern tier of the United States and back.
- I’m a world traveler but there’s no place like home.
- I’m looking forward to my actual home, HEAVEN!
Authored by Elizabeth Prata; Christian.